The HERE and NOW Christian
Cardinal Napier shares his thoughts on social issues in South Africa in 28 chapters of his talks and previously unpublished articles.
Cardinal Napier talks about his book on Radio Veritas
ABOUT THE BOOK
Archbishop of Durban
Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier OFM has been Archbishop of Durban since 1992.
His duties include serving all the parishes in the Durban Archdiocese as well as serving on numerous committees and attending many meetings in South Africa, Rome and often in other countries. He is frequently called upon to give talks and write articles for various occasions. This is not surprising as Cardinal Napier is not only a learned academic but is knowledgeable, caring and devout in his faith as well as in his calling to serve. He has visited more than forty-eight countries and speaks five languages fluently. He relates to people of all ages in a positive and humble way and is highly respected for his valuable advice.
This selection of commentaries covers a number of years, but focuses mainly on the years 2012 – 2016. A number of diverse topics are addressed. A few of these were part of the “Cardinal’s Corner” published in The Southern Cross Catholic newspaper.
It is hoped that the ideas and guidance will be of practical use for all who want to live a life in which Christian values are applied in a fulfilling and serving manner so as to benefit the society in which we function daily.
Perfect for personal reflection or use in Small Christian Groups
Chapter 12 Small Group Resource Free Download
1 CopyThe HERE and Now Christian
2 CopiesThe HERE and Now Christian
R175 per copy
10 CopiesThe HERE and Now Christian
R150 per copy
The HERE and NOW Christian
1. THE “HERE AND NOW” CHRISTIAN
2. THE IMPACT OF GAUDIUM ET SPES ON THE CHURCH AND SOCIETY IN SOUTH AFRICA
3. MY JOURNEY IN FAITH
4. WHY AN AFRICAN POPE?
5. REFLECTIONS ON CONCLAVE 2013
6. HOPE IN A TIME OF DESOLATION
7. PREPARING FOR SYNOD 2015
8. A TRIBUTE TO NELSON MANDELA
10. REFLECTIONS ON VIOLENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
11. SPEAKING THE TRUTH WILL SET OUR COUNTRY FREE
12. REFLECTIONS ON POVERTY IN SOUTH AFRICA – QUO VADIS?
13. TRANSFORMING SOUTH AFRICA
14. TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THE VIOLENCE OF MAN
15. ACTING ON MEN’S VIOLENCE – WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT?
16. MEN IN SOCIETY
17. TOWARDS A MINISTRY TO MEN
18. ROOTING OUT VIOLENCE FROM THE HOME AND SOCIETY
19. CAN WE REDEEM THE SOUTH AFRICA WE LOVE?
20. WOMEN WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
21. NEW EVANGELISATION
22. SYNOD 2015 – QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
23. WHAT MADE SYNOD 2014-2015 SO INTERESTING
24. CONCLAVE 2013 – QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
25. WHAT WAS WORLD YOUTH DAY IN RIO LIKE?
26. LESSONS LEARNT IN BRAZIL
27. THE FOUR LAST THINGS
28. CARING FOR HEAVEN’S VERY SPECIAL CHILDRENDANNY- DOMITILLA LECTURE: LITTLE EDEN
Order your Copies
Fill in this form and we will process your order and get back to you.
Dawn Haynes – Sunrise Publications
Cell: 083 564 2929
Rob Riedlinger – Monk Media
Cell: 0660 2527 66